Slimming World in St Neots, Tuesday nights. Sharing success & supporting the masses!

There's so much going on at our fabulous group! :-)

Friday 26 March 2010

So it really is GREAT news!

I often sit and think about you guys and my charmed Slimming World career thus far. Can it really be that such joy, wonder and excitement has come my way as a result of being 'fat'?! After all, if I had never weighed xxx stones and been so dismally unhappy, I would never have joined my first group back in 1992 and I would never have the remarkable job that I do today :-)

Funny how things work out eh?

All these years on (as a result of my utter despair back then) I have met and enjoyed the company of so many tremendous people week in, week out. Your faith in me has kept me driven all these years and I have continued to strive to be the best I can for you wonderful guys.

So thirteen years ago, SW HQ start a new awards system: to honour and recognise excellence within the company. Little old me is nominated for 'special achiever' and wins!!! (who me??!!)

Following on from the success of the awards, SW decide to make annual awards a more permanent feature with regularly contested categories - one of which being 'Group of the Year'

St Neots gets nominated.

For the next ten years in a row, St Neots gets nominated and wins the title outright in 1999, 2003, 2005 and 2009.

Nominated out of 3,600 groups? That takes something quite special eh? YES! It takes a group of very special people: On a Tuesday evening in St Neots, there’s this very special group of people who get together. They listen to each other, compliment each other, support each other, congratulate each other and go out of their way to help, support, solve their problems and share their successes. They laugh and cry together, they applaud every success – they understand each other and they loose weight. It’s not a new fad either, this has been happening for 17 years! Sounds like a different world? Well this is Slimming World! Slimming World St Neots and our fabulous group has just received it's 12th consecutive group of the year nomination!!!!

WOOOOOO HOOOOOOO!!!!

You are warm, funny, smart, brave, scared, passionate, moody, committed, helpful, loud, joyful, tearful and overall quite a bit smaller! You are an exhilarating concoction who make my night every Tuesday. Your blind passion and trust, your never ending hope and conviction to get to target no matter what make you all an honour to know. You remind me of why I do what I do and how very lucky I am.....how very lucky I was.......to have needed Slimming World in the first place.

Funny how things work out eh?

With all my hear I hope you are having the most amazing week. Be bold, be the change and remember than even when you no longer love yourself, we will simply adore you!!

Gushing? me? Bloody right!!
Urs xxxxxxx

No comments:

Post a Comment