Slimming World in St Neots, Tuesday nights. Sharing success & supporting the masses!

There's so much going on at our fabulous group! :-)

Tuesday 27 July 2010

Don't stop believing!!!!

My heart was pounding and tears were flooding down my face as I turned the corner and saw the finish line!! 10km in 1hr 10 mins, in blistering heat with three of my dearest friends and all the while raising money for Cancer Research UK.

I have never been a runner and was mightily dubious about this 'Race for Life' I had agreed to but I have to say....I loved every minute and am in no doubt about what a worthwhile cause this is. All our families came and cheered us on and I felt very acutely on the day that I was, indeed, a very lucky lady.

Your health is your wealth as they say and to have gone (over the years) from a size 22/24 sad young lady to a fit 16 (even if I say so myself!) I felt on top of the world!!! :-)

So many people on Sunday were running for family and friends touched by cancer (as I was), if you have not yet sponsored anyone who ran a 'Race for Life' and feel able to do so. I would love you to visit my page donate. I used to feel bad about asking for sponsorship, but after Sunday (reading all the messages to loved ones who didn't make it through) I no longer do.

JUST CLICK THIS LINK :-)



To those who have sponsored me already - bless you - my thanks are sincere xxx

Am definitely doing this again next year - fancy joining me?

BE THE CHANGE!!
Urs xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment